Bain & Company is one of the world’s leading strategy consulting firms, where bold thinking, inspired people and a passion for results come together for extraordinary impact. A key aspect for achieving our mission is ADAPT, our global digital experts team with capabilities in product design, product management, design thinking and software development. We help our clients solve their toughest business problems and provide strategic advantage fueled by design, technology and analytics.
The Advanced Analytics Group is a team of experts in data science, engineering, marketing science, operations research and primary research. The Sr. Supply Chain Specialist works with Bain’s consulting teams in the Performance Improvement Practice to provide high quality results for our clients.
The candidate will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s supply chain capabilities and provide training to the consulting staff as needed. Supply chain projects include Sales & Operations planning, manufacturing, logistics, warehousing etc.
- Understand evolving Supply Chain IT systems, data and tools landscape, and assess clients’ Supply Chain IT systems, data and tools to provide recommendations
- Assess modeling needs based on client situation and recommend the best advanced analytics tools to support them
- Manage large data projects including data requests and ETL in preparation for modelling and facilitate client integration
- Develop Supply Chain analysis and modeling approaches alongside client/case team with understanding of key Supply Chain performance levers
- Build and validate data, simulation and optimization models that diagnose supply chain problems, run scenarios and simulations, and identify best or optimal solutions
- Own client relationships (e.g. frequent interactions with IT, co-lead client workshops)
- Identify performance improvement opportunities, and provide recommendations
- Transfer knowledge and handover to clients
- Codify learnings (e.g. data sources, analytics)
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of supply chain tools
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in industrial engineering, operations research, or supply chain management
- Familiarity with Supply Chain network, planning, forecasting, inventory management, production scheduling, logistics, warehouse
- Experience in Supply Chain advance analytics applications (e.g. Llamasoft, AnyLogic/Anylogistix, Kinaxis), a strong plus
- Industrial or research experience in combinatorial optimization modeling (particularly mixed integer programming) and heuristic algorithm development (such as genetic algorithm, simulated annealing, etc.)
- Basic computer programming capability (C/C++,R, python, etc.)
- Ability to quickly pick up and apply complex technical skills
- Knowledge of probabilistic vs. deterministic methods and when to use each
- Extensive database and ETL experience a plus
- Strong abilities in problem definition and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to work well with all levels within Bain and at client
- Must be able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently
- Travel required
- German fluency required if based in one of our offices in Germany
Please send your CV and a current portfolio displaying a successful record of accomplishment at renowned digital companies showing your solid experience in designing digital products and services.