Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) in Berlin
Bain & Company is one of the world’s leading business consulting firms. A truly Global operation with offices in all major cities, Bain has made Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” list every single year for the past decade. Bain was also recently named as the #1 Best Places to Work in Germany.
We continue to be innovators in our industry, with an entrepreneurial culture at the heart of what we do. Our Advanced Digital and Product Team (“ADAPT”) is our newest solutions team, created to help our clients solve real business issues with digital solutions.
As our clients navigate the migration to a digital economy, the Bain Development Lab provides application prototyping and development to help deliver real, actionable results as part of our consulting work. That means we build apps. A lot of apps. In doing so we need to reinvent as few wheels as possible, and get the most out of our own work and the broader development community.
The Senior Software Engineer will lead the development of apps for our clients (web, iOS and Android), working with a small team of engineers, designers and consultants. The Engineer will lead by example, writing clean, reusable code that makes all the projects that come after theirs better and faster.
- Collaborate with clients, designers and consultants to design features for apps
- Break those features down into codeable, testable components – solving the technical challenges along the way
- Lead a development team to deliver those features, balancing the need for quick iteration by users with solid engineering (security, scalability etc.)
- Build the skills of other engineers on the team through direct mentorship, code and design reviews, and writing documentation
- Contribute back to the broader team, identifying components in your work that can be reused or enhancing components you’ve used from others
- Travel will be a regular part of the role and candidates should be comfortable with this
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years’ experience in an engineering role at a start-up or fast growing tech company, with a strong track record of increasing mastery and responsibility
- Experience working with or providing services to enterprise customers (Fortune 500, Global 1000) is a plus
- Experience with modern back-end languages and frameworks required (GraphQL, Python/Flask/Django or Node.js/Express preferred)
- Mobile development experience (ideally React Native) preferred
- Database development experience in either SQL or NoSQL environments preferred
- Experience in data science frameworks and tools (Spark, scikit-learn, TensorFlow) useful
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong team and business communication skills – can walk through our approach with technical clients or explain tricky concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to maintain a structured working style in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; can manage and prioritize well, especially trading off today’s fire-drill vs. the longer term
- Customer service attitude and ability to contribute on a team in a non-traditional way
- Willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the practice and case teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
Please apply with a current portfolio displaying a successful record of accomplishment at renowned digital companies showing your solid experience in designing digital products.
Please send your application documents (CV and Portfolio) via E-Mail to: