Legal Specialist (m/f/d) for Bain’s Private Equity Practice in Munich
Who we are
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 58 offices in 37 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
We are proud to be publicly recognized around the globe as a great place to work. Bain has ranked in Glassdoor’s top four companies for each of the last 10 years. Our global offices share a diverse and energetic environment and we are committed to fostering a supportive and positive culture. We aspire to be the best consulting firm in the world and in order for us to do that, we must continuously hire, develop and retain the world’s very best business talent.
Our Global Talent Acquisition team is looking to fill a new position for Bain & Company’s dynamic and growing EMEA Private Equity Practice who will work closely with our global legal team.
This new role is an exciting opportunity to support our Private Equity Practice in EMEA in a legal capacity. Bain & Company is the leading consulting partner to the private equity industry and its key stakeholders. We provide a full range of services across the investment life cycle, from deal generation to due diligence to portfolio value creation, exit planning and more. We maintain a global network of more than 1,000 experienced professionals serving private equity and institutional investor clients.
- You will directly support our EMEA private equity leadership team in
- drafting client contracts and other relevant legal documentation
- negotiating these contracts directly with the clients or providing assistance to the leadership team, as appropriate
- making sure the contracts comply with internal guidelines (for example regarding team allocation, invoicing, etc.)
- Ensure compliance throughout the lifecycle of private equity projects, i.e. from case start and contracting through sharing the output with third parties
- Develop a detailed understanding and ability to apply Bain & Company’s products, offers and policies
- Closely cooperate and clearly and concisely communicate with our partners, principals and managers
- Work closely with other support functions for the EMEA and global private equity practice to ensure compliance with laws and internal guidelines as well as with the rest of the legal team
- Assist both the EMEA Private Equity team as well as the legal team in special projects as may be required, for example in improving the negotiation process, developing the relevant databases, etc.
- Some travel required
- Relevant legal qualification (for example Diplom-Wirtschaftsjurist, Paralegal) with outstanding results looking for a (first) exciting and challenging position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional languages are a plus
- Highly-developed organizational skills and be articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
- You are creative, have humor and a positive charisma
In addition to an attractive and performance-related salary, we offer you the opportunity to work independently and develop further in an exciting and varied environment.
Please apply for this job online.