Knowledge Specialist (Results Delivery/Change Management) (m/f) in Munich or Warsaw
WHO WE ARE
Bain & Company is a leading global consulting firm, serving clients from offices in all major cities. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We are passionate about achieving results for our clients (our public clients have historically outperformed the stock market 4:1).
Over the past two decades, Bain’s Industry and Capability areas of expertise have formalized into Practices within the Product, Practice and Knowledge (PPK) group, and are integral to how Bain wins and delivers results to its clients. Each Practice is led by a Global Practice Leader and Regional Practice Leaders, who are client-facing Partners with partial allocation to these servant-leader roles.
The Practice “business” is led day-to-day by a dedicated Practice Managers, Practice Consultants, and Knowledge Specialists (KSs). Together they collectively identify, create and leverage “best of Bain” content, expertise, and commercial strategies.
Putting a new spin on change management, the Results Delivery (RD) Practice is one of Bain’s fastest growing Practices and is intended to be embedded in every Bain engagement to increase the likelihood of success.
More than 80 percent of major change efforts fail or settle for mediocre results. RD is Bain’s approach to helping clients overcome those odds by predicting, measuring and managing risk associated with the change from day one. The result: A considerable increase in the odds of success and the support of Bain experts and dedicated partners within the client’s organization who are focused on achieving it.
The RD Practice is a highly sought out, global community to work in and is frequently referenced for setting the bar for team development, IP quality, responsiveness and customer-service orientation. In addition, it is a fun team, which prioritizes personal relationships, individual coaching and development, rewards entrepreneurism and innovation, and demands an at-cause attitude.
Knowledge Specialists play a critical role in supporting Bain’s ability to deliver outstanding results for our clients. Knowledge Management is important to harness the best of our consulting staffs’ individual and collective expertise, and to make it available to our broader firm.
This position is a full-time role supporting our RD Practice for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, with some initial support to Asia-Pacific. This is a regional role reporting to the EMEA Practice Consultant. Our preferred office locations are Warsaw and Munich.
- Capture and share Bain’s RD knowledge base across the EMEA region
- Support the capture of case-related information from client development and case team efforts into Bain’s global intranet platform
- Coordinate with other Knowledge Specialists to identify cross practice content priorities and works as part of a team to capture and codify materials
- Help create and package content and insights in a manner consistent with Bain’s professional standards guidelines, codifying case examples and packaging insights
- Manage, design and maintain capability area Practice site(s) on Bain’s intranet; ensures newest cases and insights are represented; identifies content gaps
- Review Knowledge Management and other relevant progress metrics to improve how Bain captures and shares its IP
- Advise consulting staff during selling and serving activities to deliver extraordinary value to our clients
- Arm client development and case teams with the “latest and greatest” Bain capability and industry perspectives, including recommending how to use RD and connecting teams with the best content to support deployment
- Assist with proposal development (e.g., positioning of RD, credentials, case examples)
- Support Practice Leadership team, Practice Managers, and Practice Consultants as they develop Practice strategy and drive operations
- Track and analyze underlying drivers of practice revenue penetration
- Assist with practice affiliate communication
- Support content planning and logistics for practice meetings and offsites
- Support Bain brand building efforts as needed (coordinates with Marketing)
- May help develop the practice’s annual and 3-year strategic plans and budgets
- Help manage the practice’s Knowledge Associates (KA) – may share this responsibility with another practice team member
- Help assign, oversee, and quality control KAs work
- Over time, may serve as a supervisor, coach, and mentor to the KAs
- Serve as a member of Bain’s global PPK team according to Bain’s Operating Principles
- Contribute as a member of a larger team (e.g., participates in Product, Practice & Knowledge group projects, training, experience sharing, mentoring and other initiatives, etc.)
- Regularly communicate issues and progress to manager(s)
- Demonstrate flexibility with the changing demands of industry, the Leadership team, commercial demand for varying products
- Liaise with others as necessary, including members of the global services departments
- BA or equivalent undergraduate degree required with strong academic credentials
- 3+ years’ experience in a professional services firm with exposure to one or more of the following functional disciplines: knowledge management, consulting, research, business development, project management, marketing, strategic planning
- Previous experience in change management preferred
- Attentive to detail, very organized, and able to maintain a structured working style in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to think creatively about how to best grow the RD practice and be flexible to meet the needs of the practice and case teams
- Driven by intellectual curiosity with the ability to self-motivate and work semi-autonomously with remote manager and team(s)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills as you will be interfacing across many areas of Bain and supporting the needs of individuals at all levels up to Senior Directors
- Good business sense combined with structured problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Superior customer service and positive attitude; passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Word; knowledge of Alteryx, Tableau a bonus
We are proud to be publicly recognized around the globe as a great place to work. Bain has ranked as a top company in Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” list for the past decade. Our global offices share a diverse and energetic environment and we are committed to fostering a supportive and positive culture.
The Knowledge Specialist role provides an exciting, long-term career path within Bain. We invest in your development with regular and customized training as you progress. This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow for years within a supportive and collaborative department. We offer a competitive base salary and bonus. In addition, Bain’s comprehensive benefits program is carefully designed to help meet the needs of you and your family for security and protection.
Please apply for this job online