Specialist, Knowledge Management (Telecommunications-Media-Technology Practice) (m/f/d)
in Munich or Warsaw
WHO WE ARE
Bain & Company is a leading global consulting firm, serving clients from offices in all major global cities. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions, and deliver the sustainable success they desire.
Knowledge Management is critical to harness the best of our consulting staffs’ individual and collective expertise. Our practices are critical to Bain’s commercial success and are a key strategic priority. Bain’s Practices support teams across the globe with industry, capability, and enabler expertise and knowledge.
The Technology, Media, and Telecom Practice team supports our industry-leading strategy consulting teams in serving clients at some of the largest companies in the sector and helps to solve the most pressing questions across the ecosystem. This position is a full-time role supporting the European, Middle East, and African (EMEA) region.
The mission of the Knowledge Specialist is to:
- Capture, share and curate Bain’s expertise in selling situations and in the delivery of consulting projects
- Enhance Bain’s sector knowledge base on critical themes, products, or trends impacting our clients
- Support the management of the TMT practice in EMEA
Over time, the KS is expected to develop broad knowledge of Bain’s TMT toolkit, assume larger intellectual and team roles, and demonstrate a steady upward trajectory in the depth and scope of his/her contributions.
Identify, capture, and package our consulting teams’ and senior practice members’ knowledge in the TMT sector within the EMEA region
- Collect, analyze, codify, and share data and information using our global knowledge management platform
- Work directly with consulting teams, in coordination with other Knowledge Specialists and practices, to understand key insights from project work
- Package and curate material on internal platforms to showcase the “Best of Bain” for Bain’s most important products and to make knowledge easily accessible
Use own accumulated expertise to identify content that could enhance our knowledge base, fuel consultant’s thinking on their clients’ challenges, and enable our commercial success
- Take responsibility for designing, implementing and improving a number of analytical efforts on both a one-time and recurring basis (e.g. metrics, dashboards, practice-specific data pools, and competitive intelligence)
- Advise and guide them towards the best information to help answer client questions in collaboration with other departments at Bain
- Help identify and connect experts within and outside the Bain network to consulting teams
- Develop or package summary documents for experienced and senior audiences (up to executive level)
Contribute to the development and execution of the Practice strategy
- Track and analyze underlying drivers of practice performance
- Assist with content planning and logistics for annual practice meetings
- Identify and track promoters from our client work
- Drive practice affiliate engagement, including preparation for experience-sharing calls and publications
Serve and contribute as a member of the department and larger Bain community, in line with Bain’s Operating Principles
- Prioritize work, communicate issues and progress to supervisor
- Assign, review, and provide feedback on junior practice member’s work
- Demonstrate flexibility with the changing demands of the industry, the leadership team, and commercial demand for varying products
- Adopt a mindset of supporting and contributing to Bain’s team-focused community (e.g. training, mentoring, projects)
- Minimum BA or equivalent undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials; Undergraduate degree in one of the below relevant fields would be a plus:
- Technology-related degrees like Information Systems & Technology or Science, Technology, Telecommunications, or Media
- Business / Economics
- 3+ years of experience in a professional services environment or major tech or telecom company with exposure to one or more of the following disciplines: consulting, research and analysis, knowledge management, strategic planning, business development, product development, marketing, and/or project management
- Interest in the business side of TMT sectors is a must; industry experience working in one of the related sectors is strongly recommended
- Very strong analytical abilities, combined with structured problem-solving and good business sense
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding professional environment; ability to juggle multiple priorities and work independently
- Attentive to detail and organized; ownership mentality and commitment to high-quality results
- Intellectual curiosity, creative, positive mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to team with colleagues across the globe
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to engage with senior business executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong desire to learn additional tools for data processing such as Tableau and Alteryx
We are proud to be publically recognized around the globe as a great place to work. Bain has ranked as a top company in Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” list for the past decade. Our global offices share a diverse and energetic environment and we are committed to fostering a supportive and positive culture.
The Knowledge Specialist role provides an exciting, long-term career path within Bain. We invest in your development with regular and customized training as you progress. This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow for years within a supportive and collaborative department. We offer a competitive base salary and bonus. In addition, Bain’s comprehensive benefits program is carefully designed to help meet the needs of you and your family for security and protection.
Please apply for this job online