Data Science Specialist (various locations)
Bain & Company is one of the world’s best companies to work for (voted No. 1 on Glassdoor for 2017). Since our radical beginnings as a challenger of the status quo, our formula for success has been simple—create a high-impact, supportive culture where immensely talented people are encouraged to be brilliant at what they do.
Our Advanced Analytics Group is a team of experts in data science, engineering, marketing science, operations research and primary research. You will work alongside Bain’s consulting teams to provide high quality results for our clients, some of the most successful and pioneering businesses in the world.
You will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s analytic capabilities and provide training to the consulting staff as needed.
This position will be located in any of Munich, Berlin, London or Amsterdam.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support AAG Sr. Specialists, Managers and Experts in providing analytic consulting, ETL support and primary market research expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Advanced Analytics Specialist will work with case teams to assess data needs, support data handling, design primary research projects, and propose analytical solutions to provide practical, value-added answers to the client and case teams
- Set up and execute ETL processes for case teams and clients. Enable case teams to aggregate, merge and/or work on (large) datasets
- Design sample specifications, and help develop surveys that will deliver actionable information
- Explain and perform a variety of advanced statistical and data mining techniques such as, but not limited to: multivariate and logistic regressions, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), latent class analysis and other clustering techniques, time series analysis, factor analysis, multi-dimensional scaling, and maximum difference scaling (MaxDiff).Train and coach consultants on statistical procedures and analytical techniques and tools
- Keep abreast of new and current statistical, database and market research techniques
- A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research. Previous work experience in a related field is a plus
- Strong experience with R, SPSS, and/or SAS, including syntax or scripting languages
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar databases is a plus
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including but not limited to: multivariate and logistic regressions, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), latent class analysis and other clustering techniques, time series analysis, factor analysis, multi-dimensional scaling, and maximum difference scaling (MaxDiff)
- The ideal candidate may also have other complimentary skill sets including:
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, or other advanced analytical tools
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, JAVA)
- Experience with tools in the Big Data domain (e.g., Spark, NoSQL, Azure/AWS)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently
- Some travel required
- Fluent in English